Skip to main content
01/24, 2010 01:15PM rubinho 10 posts

I have experienced this problem to the point where it had a considerable effect on my general performance.

Many of the trains that I build don't seem to find local depots. Even though there plenty of them along the track line that the trains use. Default servicing intervals are at 150 days; I usually set them to 30 days to avoid breakdowns. But the trains do not service accordingly. What happens is that I find trains that do not service for years even though there is plenty of opportunity along their route.

My first attempt to solve this problem was to send them to the depot manually, but still: sometimes there is a depot right there, and they are technically headed for a depot, but they pass it. In other cases, there is a depot just a few squares down the track line, and when I try to toggle "go to depot," I get the "couldn't find local depot" message.

I've brought it up in online games, but other players don't seem to have that problem. Thanks to some advice from a friend of mine, I now build the track at the depots in a way that forces trains to go into the depot. But still, the train AI has a problem here, I think. And I would be interested in what's wrong there.
Any help/advice appreciated.

01/24, 2010 04:14PM Wakoo 49 posts
You have to put your depot at the border of your railroad, if the trains need to go in another way to service it won?t find it, if you want to load balance to reduce the impact of servicing in your railroad, you have to put sign that will prevent other train to go in the slowed down way.

Wakoo
02/07, 2010 08:49AM Fryse 16 posts
also note that the trains dont do 90degres turns.. as if u make a trun in, then a depot with a new turn, it wont go there... atlesat i think it was like that.. not sure tho if its changed or never been like that, played on many servers..
02/11, 2010 10:47PM Ed le fou 161 posts
You are right, the trains cannot make 90° turns, it's part of the difficulty settings choices we made. You can also note that two 45° turns must not be consecutives. If the train take two turn simultaneously his speed will be reduced.

Ed.