Skip to main content
05/17, 2010 06:15PM JStaxton 162 posts
Hi everyone,

as promised the update today...
here is the complete OO Calc Spreadsheet with all results between March23rd 23:52 and May17th 16:29

these are the top10 Players on the new skill shown:
1 donclaude
2 janosik
3 alevezzo86
4 Bloodmaster
5 rexis
6 Leahcim
7 JStaxton
8 Gordon
9 UA TRANS
10 acoma

Keep in mind that the new skill shown is only a number calculated in relation to all other players in competition. The more skill you have the harder it gets to keep it that way...

greetings
JStaxton
games_complete_May17th2010.ods: updated version on May17th, 78 downloads.
05/24, 2010 01:11PM Fryse 16 posts
hmm.. is it implented yet, or not?
i joined several years later than the others, and won, by very close, but i won.. i still got 100 points, even if i played less time than the others, and i am ranked lower than the other.... just printscreen of the text tho, cause i was to slow..

i would actually got 150 points or something if i had came in 2nd. very strange.. isnt it? :)

[img]http://fryse.net/bilder/morescore.jpg[/img]
05/25, 2010 12:13PM JStaxton 162 posts
Hello Fryse,

this is intended. What you have to keep in mind is that your opponents got less points than they would have if you came 2nd.
The winner gets 100points. Other players will get points according to their performance (goal%/playedyears) in relation to the winner. So this way its even better for you in terms of points because you prevented your opponents from getting more points.

e.g. active points system
you were winner => you performed 1
chuck performed 0.65 in relation to you
guest performed 0.36 in relation to you
===========================
your opponents get totalpointssum of 1.01*100 = 101points
you got 100points

e.g. you came 2nd:
chuck wins => performance 1
you are 2nd => lets say performance 1.54 (1/0.65 see example before)
guest is 3rd => lets say performance 0.71 (0.36 + chucks difference to win 0.35)
=============================
your opponents get totalpointssum of 1.71*100 = 171points
you got 154 points

this is not an easy answer... decide for yourself what you think is better...

Another thing to notice: The points system is NOT the new skill system. The new skill system is a complete new approach to rank the players. Points are irrelevant in this system. your future level (see leaderboard) will depend on how good you perform in relation to the other players, not how much points you earned. It will gets more difficult the higher you are ranked to keep your position. If you want to understand how the new skill system works have a look at the spreadsheet file macros. Or maybe I'll explain the whole thing in detail in this thread some time.

What do you think?
JStaxton
05/26, 2010 12:04AM Fryse 16 posts
anyhow.. i see now that the scoreboard isnt updating no more..
hasnt in a long time..
we are still in may, and it hasnt been updates since for a long time.
i just won a game, and i am still booked with 2 wins of 8 games.
i should off have 3 out of 10 or something.
ye, i know ive played sucky, but ive started later in most games, and ye, i did suck in a couple of them. or the competition just was way better. :P
good night from Norway.
05/26, 2010 12:32AM JStaxton 162 posts
Hi Fryse and the others,

I hope Ed will fix this score problems soon... I haven't seen him online lately, probably he has lots to do at work. Pls be patient all.
I'll ask him to do the fixing first thing when I see him online!

JStaxton
06/01, 2010 01:09AM JStaxton 162 posts
Hi everyone,

the skill system is nearly ready to deploy! Test phase is encouraging...

there were quite a few games... (yes, and quite a few results are lost, due to the bug)
[b]Attention:[/b] We changed the way the Performance is calculated! Nearly quadratic company growth is assumed. So when a player starts a company later in the game the performance is not counted linear but nearly quadratic (Perf = Acc / Dur ^1.75), resulting in a more realistic performance distribution of the competitors. Meaning, when you start late and you only play 2years, the winner 5years, then its important if you did better than the winner in his first 2years.

Any questions to that?

here is the complete OO Calc Spreadsheet with all results between March23rd 23:52 and May31st 22:03

these are the current top10 Players on the new skill shown on a lifetime stats basis:
1 donclaude
2 janosik
3 alevezzo86
4 Bloodmaster
5 rexis
6 Gordon
7 Leahcim
8 janosikj
9 JStaxton
10 UA TRANS

Keep in mind that the new skill shown is only a number calculated in relation to all other players in competition. The more skill you have the harder it gets to keep it that way...

greetings
JStaxton